smiling girl

Guide to Becoming a Service Provider

This information is intended to provide potential vendors basic information regarding Redwood Coast Regional Center’s initial requirements for residential and day program vendorization and answer frequently asked questions related to vendorization.

This should not be considered to provide complete information regarding the regulatory requirements, which an applicant must meet in order to obtain vendorization. For further information or details on becoming a regional center vendor, please see the contact list below of our Community Services Managers.

What is Vendorization?

Vendorization is the process that determines that an applicant who wishes to provide services to persons with developmental disabilities served by Redwood Coast Regional Center meet all of the requirements established in Title 17 code of regulations to provide the identified services.

*Vendorization does not guarantee referral or placement.

Key Things to Consider about Vendorization Process

  • It could take at least 45 days to review any request.
  • Pay close attention to RCRC website for our current needs, which will be updated every 6 months, when determining the type of program that you are looking to open.
  • Vendorization doesn’t guarantee any referrals.
  • Please pay close attention to the experience requirements stated below.

Need more information about providing services to people with developmental disabilities?

California Department of Developmental Services
P.O. Box 94420
Sacramento, CA 94244-2022

Vendorization FAQs

This page contains answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the approval process involved in becoming a provider of services to persons with developmental disabilities.

The Lanterman Act

The Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act is codified in the California Welfare and Institutions Code. This compilation, prepared by the Legislative Counsel, includes the 2018 revisions to the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act and related laws (Divisions 4.1, 4.5, and 4.7 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and Title 14 of the Government Code). For the official and most current versions of the Lanterman Act and other California law, please visit the California Legislative Information website. This edition shows all sections as they are in effect on and after January 1, 2019.

Department of Social Services – Community Care Licensing Division

Community Care Licensing Division
744 P Street, MS 8-17-17
Sacramento, CA 95814

If you are interested in becoming a Service provider, please contact the Community Resource Manager in your area:

Jonathan Padilla, Director
Community Services Department
(707) 445-0893 Ext. 289

Humboldt County

Jessica Moulton
All Services
(707) 445-0893 Ext.323

Del Norte County

Jerry Freitas
All Services
Humboldt and Del Norte: Early Start Services
(707) 464-7488 Ext. 12

Lake and Mendocino Counties

Sheila Keys
Mendocino County: Licensed Residential Services, Adult Day Services, Respite, Transportation, Supported Living Services, Independent Living Services, Work/Employment Services, Schools, Recreation, and Leisure.
Lake and Mendocino Counties: Behavior Support Services, Clinical Services, and Money Management.
All Counties: Self Determination Program
(707) 462-3832 Ext. 254

Heath Birilli
Lake County: Licensed Residential Services, Adult Day Services, Respite, Transportation, Supported Living, Work/Employment Services, Schools, Recreation and Leisure, Independent Living.
Lake and Mendocino Counties: Early Start Services
707-462-3832 Ext. 267